Being in ministry as a couple can be one of the most joy-filled experiences in our lives. Sometimes I need reminded of that when times are hard. But realizing that God does so much more through us as a couple than He does through us as individuals builds a confidence in our marriage based on God’s work in it. Craig and I have been a team, doing lots of different kinds of ministry, for over 25 years. Here are some questions that have helped us have conversations that strengthen our “team”.
- What Kingdom dream has God put on your hearts that keeps you going? This can change from season to season. What is it now?
- What is God doing in each of your lives as He fulfills that dream? Look for what might seem like little things. Remember that little things in God’s hands become big things.
- You are better together. What are 5 ways that God has made you a better ____________ through your marriage.
- What are 5 ways that God has made your spouse a better ____________ through your marriage?
- Talk about one way that your spouse helps to support what God is doing through you?